I'm been doing some maintenance work this week. Two interesting things came up.
First, bots are signing up for one of my side projects, which is fine except it bloats the DB and emails real people a confirmation link.
I updated the RECAPTCHA to version 3, which made things worse. Today I added a simple honey pot, just a field that should NOT be filled out. That completely stopped the sign ups.
Second, I had some Dokku projects that didn't have database backups. I moved them all to DigitalOcean spaces an wrote a blog post about the process. Dokku Postgress Backups.
I'd been putting those off for too long. Feels good to get them taken care of!